Since this is my first addition of Saturday Savings, I'll give you a little run down on what I plan to do. This is the place where I will let you know what I have saved for the last week, so you can do it too.
Coupons:
Here in Canada we can't stack coupons (like my lucky American friends ), so finding a way to make the most of them is sometimes tricky. My best plan has been to collect as many coupons as I can get my hands on. I get the ones from the newspaper inserts from family (we don't subscribe to newspapers, we read them on line to save money). I collect coupons from packaging and in store. I sometimes even trade with other coupon collectors.
I also use some online sites to order coupons. You pick out the coupons you would like and they print them and send them to you in the mail. They usually come with in a few days.
Sites I use:
www.save.ca
www.websaver.ca
Facebook has also been to be a popular place to find coupons recently, especially for Free Products. Just click like on some of the products you already use, you maybe surprised to find coupons to save money or for a free sample. Recently I have received coupons for a free box of hair colour, a pack of gum (it just came in the mail), frozen dinners, pie crust, just to name a few.
Each week when the flyers come out, I look through them to see what is on sale and what I have coupons for. If they are products I can/will use I will buy as many as I have coupons for and stock up. For example this week one of my grocery stores has the larger packages of Huggies wipes on sale for buy 1 get 1 free, which is a good deal but I also have $1.00 coupons. So instead of paying $7.99 for two packs of wipes I will pay $6.99 (which works out to $3.50 a package, which is an awesome deal). Just an update these were actually on sale for $5.99 when I went to the store so with the $1.00 off, they worked out to be $2.50 a pack) I bought 4 packs. We are stocked up for a while now. :)
Freebies:
My advice to find these is sign up with a freebie internet site. It's so much easier to find them this way as it's a group of people searching for them together. I have been a member of a great group of people for years. The majority of my freebie findings come with help from these nice people here:
www.canadian-freebies-n-stuff.com/
Well that should get you started.

No comments:
Post a Comment